Report from Robin:
I would like to congratulate JD athletes Janessa, Chase, Teaghan, Tynan, Austin, Ben, Patrick and Charlie, who took the time to travel to Edmonton and compete in the Provincial Hershey Meet. Among them, these eight athletes produced some excellent results. Here are the highlights:
· Tynan won medals in two of his three events. He captured the silver medal in the standing long jump with a personal best jump of 2.43m to finish 2nd of 23 athletes. In the ball throw, Tynanthrew the ball 50.75m to finish 2nd of nineteen athletes and win another silver medal.
· Chase finished the 1600m in 5:45.83s, a PB of 15.87s, to finish 3rd of eight athletes and capture the bronze medal. Chase just missed the medals in the 800m, finishing 4th of fifteen athletes with a time of 2:37.23s.
· Austin captured the bronze medal in the ball throw, with a throw of 49.45m. Austin finished 3rd of nineteen athletes.
· Janessa finished the 800m in 2:39.24s, a PB of 3.32s, to finish 6th of 15 athletes
· Janessa was also 7th of twenty athletes in the 200m.
· Teaghan was 10th of thirty athletes in the standing long jump, where she cleared 1.94m.
· Patrick ran a personal best time of 1:12.78s in the 400m. This 1.52s PB placed Patrick 6th of twenty-one athletes.
· Ben was 13th of thirty-three in the standing long jump, where he cleared 1.95m, while Charlie represented CALTAF in both the ball throw and 200m, where he finished 15th and 23rdrespectively.
Well done athletes!