Coach Kim Cousins wanted to share the team’s successes from this very long year.
Caltaf’s para throws group has become the best para throws group in North America and ranked top five in the world!
Here is why.
- Bronze medal men’s discus. Para world champs
- Gold medal para pan am games women’s discus
- Gold medal women’s shot put
- World para jr Silver medal men’s shot put
- World para jr
- Medals we’ve collected the last few years:
- Silver medal Rio Paralympics
- Silver medal world para champs in London.
- Bronze medal world para champs London
- Gold medal para pan am Toronto
- Silver medal para pan am Toronto.
Lima, Peru - 27/August/2019 - Jennifer Brown takes the gold medal in the women’s discus F38 at the Parapan Am Games in Lima, Peru. Photo: Dave Holland/Canadian Paralympic Committee.
I also want to note that this group’s ability to come into a meet and surpass their ranking is fantastic!! We can compete and are able to perform on demand. The group can achieve seasonal and personal bests in the same competition time and time again. It is exceptional work, and these athletes have done an exceptional job. As we transition into the path for Tokyo 2020 Paralympics, know that we are “Caltaf strong!” and we will continue to dream and achieve. Thank you for the support both on and off the field. Even greater things will come our way! Let’s go Caltaf! The world knows who we are and that we are coming!! Tokyo 2020.