Most of us were up in Edmonton yesterday at the Provincial Championships so let’s wrap up the season with a report from that event.
CALTAF had the largest number of entries of any club in the province (33) and a presence in just about every race that was impossible to miss.
The course was hard, with a single track switchback pathway on the downhill and an unforgiving long hill into the finish. It was what I would call a character builder and I think everyone who ran is a better runner today because of it. Most important was the outstanding effort put in by everyone!
I will cover the results of the Cheetahs and the JD athletes.
In the first race of the day, the Peewee Girls 1700m, Colette Benko was 15th (out of 43) and Emily Stirling was next in 16th.
In the Peewee Boys 1700m, Charles Voglewede was 7th (out of 34),
Jarvis Chantler was 20th and Sam Yardley was 28th.
In the Bantam Girls 2km we had seven entered and we won second place in the team competition. Hats off to the Leduc club who has had a lock on this event for many years. The top finisher from our group was Marissa Stirling, 5th (out of 24) then Lauren Yardley 10th, Grace Hilton 13th, Maddy Lee 15th, Deia Hida 17th, Cam Knowles 22nd and Rhea Foster 23rd.
In the Bantam Boys 2km Ethan Nishimura, in his first competition with the club, was 5th (out of 17) and Matt Voglewede was 15th.
In the Midget Girls 3km Sarah Voglewede ran a gutsy 22nd.
Congratulations to everyone who ran cross country with us this year and thanks for making it an exciting and fun two months for me.
- (more caltaf photos)
Athletics Alberta Club of the Year 2011 Athletics Alberta Club of the Year 2009 (awards CALTAF athletes have won)
Follow Caltaf on
- JD Results from New Balance Meet #2Report from coach Robin: Congratulations to Adeem, Alex, Cole, Ethan, Isaac, John, Kevin, Mehrdad, Noah, Robert, Thomas, Amelia, Anna, Corrina, Deia, Hanna, Kamila, Kiannah, Lisa, Rathaine, Rhea, Sarah and Tyra, who competed at the second New Balance meet yesterday. Among them, these 23 athletes produced some excellent results. There were many PBs, especiall […]
- Midget and Youth Spring Challenge Champions 2013Report from coach Robin: Congratulations to CALTAF’s midget and youth team, who successfully defended our title of Calgary Spring Challenge club champions for this age category. This is the seventh year in a row (since the title has been awarded) that the CALTAF midgets (1998/1999) and youths (1996/1997) have claimed the title. Well done CALTAF […]
- JD Results from the Spring Challenge and CE meetHello athletes and parents! I would like to congratulate all of the athletes – Adeem, Alex, Amelia, Andrew, Annette, Ben, Cole, Corrina, Grace, Ethan, Hanna, Harrison, John, Kamila, Kevin, Kiannah, Lisa, Maddy, Madison, Mehrdad, Mikenna, Molly, Morgan, Noah, Olivia, Patrick, Phillip, Rachel, Rathaine, Rhea, Robert, Ryan, Sarah, Savanna, Skylar, Taylor, Thoma […]
- 1999 Caltaf Track Classic: Brad McQuaig and Donovan Bailey100m 1) Brad McQuaig 10.17 2) Donovan Bailey 10.23 3) Glenn Smith 10.30 4) Robert Esmie 10.30 Kofi Yevakpor Ricardo Greenidge Ran Huget Carl Lokko […]
- JD Results from New Balance Meet #2