Most of us were up in Edmonton yesterday at the Provincial Championships so let’s wrap up the season with a report from that event.
CALTAF had the largest number of entries of any club in the province (33) and a presence in just about every race that was impossible to miss.
The course was hard, with a single track switchback pathway on the downhill and an unforgiving long hill into the finish. It was what I would call a character builder and I think everyone who ran is a better runner today because of it. Most important was the outstanding effort put in by everyone!
I will cover the results of the Cheetahs and the JD athletes.
In the first race of the day, the Peewee Girls 1700m, Colette Benko was 15th (out of 43) and Emily Stirling was next in 16th.
In the Peewee Boys 1700m, Charles Voglewede was 7th (out of 34),
Jarvis Chantler was 20th and Sam Yardley was 28th.
In the Bantam Girls 2km we had seven entered and we won second place in the team competition. Hats off to the Leduc club who has had a lock on this event for many years. The top finisher from our group was Marissa Stirling, 5th (out of 24) then Lauren Yardley 10th, Grace Hilton 13th, Maddy Lee 15th, Deia Hida 17th, Cam Knowles 22nd and Rhea Foster 23rd.
In the Bantam Boys 2km Ethan Nishimura, in his first competition with the club, was 5th (out of 17) and Matt Voglewede was 15th.
In the Midget Girls 3km Sarah Voglewede ran a gutsy 22nd.
Congratulations to everyone who ran cross country with us this year and thanks for making it an exciting and fun two months for me.
Athletics Alberta Club of the Year 2011 Athletics Alberta Club of the Year 2009 (awards CALTAF athletes have won)
Follow Caltaf on
- Congratulations to Annette Berry, Thomas Frankow, and Patrick MilnerGood morning everyone! The coaches would like to offer our heartiest congratulations to JD athletes Annette Berry, Thomas Frankow and Patrick Milner who, Athletics Alberta has just announced, are recipients of a 2013 Athletics Alberta Award. The AA Awards are presented annually to the top 10 peewees and bantams, based on performances at the Provincial […]
- JD Results from Cross Country ProvincialsCongratulations to all of the JD athletes – Kamila, Savanna, Maddy, Cole, Carson, Matthew, Allie, Fiona, Shaniah, Alex M, Dawson and Thibaut – who competed at the Cross-Country Provincial Championships earlier today. Despite chilly, snowy and slippery conditions, these athletes produced some outstanding results. Below are some of the highlights. Congratulat […]
- Caltaf Club Season Stats (up to August 28, 2013)Here are Caltaf Season Stats up to August 28, 2013 (pdf). *Note: Caltaf club records are from 2006/2007 onwards, when the club started tracking detailed stats. Historical records are currently being compiled.
- Outstanding JD Results from NationalsCongratulations to the five JD athletes – Hanna, Kamila, Harrison, Noah andMehrdad - who competed this past weekend at the Canadian Midget & Youth Championships in Langley, BC. All together, they accounted for five medals, four provincial records and one of the best JD performances at nationals in quite some time. Special congratulations to Kamila, who i […]
- Congratulations to Annette Berry, Thomas Frankow, and Patrick Milner